Pages

Sunday 16 September 2012

The Vineyard at Stockcross

A couple of weeks ago I went for a work dinner at The Vineyard at Stockcross followed by an overnight stay at their sister hotel Donnington Valley, I thought I would share some photos and the menu that we ate..
 
We arrived at Donnington Valley after work and checked in to our rooms to freshen up and change for dinner. We were all in Deluxe rooms which is the third category at the hotel, this was ideal for me because when I'm travelling the most important part of my room is the bathroom and this one was massive with a bath and power shower so I was happy straightaway.
 
 
 
 
 
Once we had all changed and were suitable for dinner we made our way out to the bar and onto the small terrace area at the back of the hotel to have Tattinger and Canapés
 
 
 
After we'd finised our drinks and nibbles we went for a quick tour around the hotel and then got into taxis for the 10 minute journey to The Vineyard.
Once we arrived at The Vineyard we had a tour around the meeting space, spa, and amazing wine cellar
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We took our seats for dinner and the food was absolutely to die for, this is what we ate;
 
Confit of Duck Foie Gras, Poached Peach, Red Chilli
with a glass of Louis Guntrum, Reisling, Rheinessen, Germany, 2011
 
 
Diver Caught Orkney Scallops, Apple, Radish
with a glass of Rias Baixas Albarino, Pazo Senoran, Galicia, Spain, 2011
 
 
Pan fried Red Mullet, Pink Grapefruit, Coriander
with a glass of Waterstone, Pinot Noir, Los Carneros, California, 2007
 
 
Scottish Fillet of Beef, Braised Oxtail, Carrot and Horseradish
with a glass of Bolgheri, Tenuta dell'Ornellaia, Le Volte, Tuscany, Italy 2010
 
 
Strawberry Clafoutis, Lime and Strawberry, Straccieatella Cone
with a glass of Familia Deicas, Licor De Tannat, Juanico Valley Uruguay, 2008
 
 
 
 
Tea and Coffee with Peach Maccarons, Crystalised Ginger, Praline Truffles
 
 
 
The above led to crys of either - 'oh my god, yum, amazing, delicious, I want more'
 
Or
 
'Eww foie gras, I don't eat that, what is that, gross'
 
I suppose you can't win them all!
Had I been in charge of the bill for this evening it would have been £110 per person including the wines, for me that is amazing value for money, the service was impeccable, right down to the teddy bear seated at place number 13 (the house rules apparently) I will certainly be back for more..
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment