Pages

Thursday 22 November 2012

Crafty Creatives - Box 5 Review - SPOILER

 
First up - SPOILER ALERT!
If you don't want to know what is included in box 5 of Crafty Creatives, please look away now! (But come back later once you've opened yours)
 
Right, now that's out of the way.. Box 5!
This is my first Crafty box and I am so so chuffed. The reviews looked great that I had seen but I have to admit I was a little bit sceptical, thinking it must be poor quality, really expensive - just generally too good to be true! Well I'm very pleased to say I was totally wrong, Crafty Creatives is such a brilliant idea I'm just annoyed I didn't think of it first!
 
So Box 5 arrived yesterday and now I've had a chance to go through it, this is how it arrived:
 
The waterproof polylope came in very handy when I went to pick it up!
 
 
Fully branded right from the outset
 
 
Beautiful purple gingham paper - I will be ironing this and using it again! (It's not sad it's crafty....)
 
 
And once you've brought yourself to tear open the beautiful packaging this is what you'll find inside..
 
A lovely artcard with all the contents listed on the back
 
 
 
Scandinavian inspired fabric ribbon (1.5m!)
 
2 Blank card layers
 
 
Zig Zag Craft Scissors
 
 
Fab vintage style christmas card decorations. I've already made two cards with these!
 
 
26 miniature jingle bells in assorted colours. I was just about to buy some of these - how did you know?!
 
 
Gorgeous screen printed fabric - I'm already planning a Cushion with these on for my best friend's daughter
 
 
Alice in Wonderland postcard
 
 
Cinammon Sticks - What a fabulous idea, and my god, I can't stop smelling them! No idea what I'm going to do with them (maybe a wreath?) but I absolutely love this!
 
 
Very cute wooden decorations, my mum has already nicked the bunny!
 
 
3 silver carousel charms
(the perfect partner to a jingle bell?)
 
 
2 Bangle sized wreath bases....
 
 
Which I've already made use of!
 
 
I was supposed to also have a teacup and saucer charm in my box, I didn't have one so tweeted the Crafty Creatives account (@CraftyCreatives) within 2 minutes I had a reply to say one would be put in the post for me. That is true customer service - thank you ladies!
 
And this month's kit....
 
 
....is a very cute crochet mouse
 
 
Well it couldn't all be perfect! I cannot abide crochet, mainly because I so want to be able to do it and I just can't!! Knitting, Cross-Stitch, Embroidery, even Tatting.. fine, but Crochet! It evades me.
However, I am determined, this kit will be the start of a long and illustrious crochet career!
(A New Years resolution to learn perhaps...)
 
 
A £10.00 (plus p&p) these kits are an absolute snip, the suspense of not knowing what it's going to be, opening it all and going through, then actually making things out of the contents is worth twice as much in my opinion, I cannot wait for Box 6 (pleassseeee be lots of scrummy Christmas things) and I will certainly be taking my subscription through to the New Year. Thank you Claire and Isobel for putting such a brilliant thing together for us all to enjoy and long may it continue.
 
What did you make out of this month's box??
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I love all the photographs you have done and so pleased to hear what you are planning on making with the fabric (that's mine you know!) Would love to see it when you are done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thank you.
    The fabric is seriously gorgeous, well played! :)

    Josephine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you've written this Josephine. Thanks for stopping by my blog, now following you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. woah, I did NOT know these existed! New Years gift to self - to subscribe to these, what a bargain. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're such good value and a lovely treat to get through your door every month!

    ReplyDelete