Pages

Thursday 20 December 2012

Recent Craftyness

Just thought I would share some makes I've finished recently..
 
The first is using one of the items from December's Crafty Creatives box, the Ice white fluffy wool.
I took a wooden letter J that I already had and covered it in double sided tape (that I nabbed from work..Sssh!)
 
 
Once this was done I unpeeled the white covering on the tape and wrapped the wool round and round until the whole letter was completely covered and voila!
 
 
 
I have to say it looks better in person than it does in the photo, it's so fluffy I have to stroke it everytime I walk past! It's nice and christmassy but I will keep it out all year round to add to my J collection!
 
The second make is an idea I got from Pinterest. The item I saw was a white painted pumpkin with crayons melted down the sides which looked amazing (and I'm still planning on doing this one day) but I thought the same idea would look great on a plain canvas. I started with a pack of Crayola crayons (cheaper ones don't have such nice colours and don't melt as easily) and a blank canvas.
 
 
I glued them on using fabric glue - this was all I had lying around but it worked perfectly!
 
 
Once they were all on I left it to dry for an hour then propped it up on top of a scrappy towel and using a standard hairdryer heated the crayons. Beware - it took about 2 minutes before anything happened and then they suddenly hit melting point and went crazy!
 
 
I think the end result looks quite good but I will be doing another one using mainly bright colours because the greens and browns tend to smudge together and make a horrible muddy colour!
 
 
What have you been crafting lately?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment