Pages

Friday 28 December 2012

Christmas Catch-Up

It's been a while since I've sat down and done a proper post so I thought it was about time! Warning - this is going to be a long, and very photo heavy one!

So Christmas is over, just the New Year to get through and then life will go back to normal. I do love Christmas, but this is the time where I start to miss my routine, and the endless food is getting a little boring..

We spent Christmas in Venice, I've been many times before and it was as beautiful as ever - because there are no roads and you have to walk (or swim! not likely!) everywhere there is a certain peacefulness that I haven't witnessed in any other country in the world, I think that's why I love it so much. I have taken thousands of pictures of Venice but it's always the more everyday things that are so special, such as the rubbish boats, fire engine boats etc that are the most interesting.. here are a few of my favourite pictures from this time out;

Furs are obligatory in Venice - it's cold!



Look at the size of those meringues!


Christmas Eve post!


I can't resist a Disney store...



I have no shame in admitting that I had my eye on this man for quite some time...


We had Christmas Day lunch in the hotel we were staying in and this is what we had;

Peach Bellini with Canapés

Corn Millefeuille stuffed with Porcini Mushrooms over melted Asiago Cheese



Risotto with Treviso's (Treviso is an area of Venice) Chicory and Venison



Valeggio's Tortellini in Capon Consommé


Yuletide Turkey and Chesnuts with Glazed Baby Onions and Duchess Potatoes


Yule Log with Egg-Nog


Coffee and Confection

It was absolutely delicious at the time, if a little filling! But the morning after when we came down for breakfast one by one we all gradually admitted that we had been violently sick during the night - so looking at these photo's now is making my stomach turn a little! Oh well, maybe next year will be better! At least none of the calories will count!
As you may have seen in a previous post, I am taking part in the Rory Gilmore book challenge. I finished my first one (before 2013 has even started!) whilst I was in Venice. 1984 by George Orwell. It's crazy that a book that was first published in 1949 is so extremely relevant to modern life. It's a great story and really makes you think about the control of everything around us. Onto Huckleberry Finn now!

Also - my sister asked me what I was doing when I wrote my name in the book once I had finished it. I didn't have an answer! I've always done this for as long as I can remember! Do you do anything strange with your books?

How was your Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment