Pages

Monday 18 February 2013

I Give It A Year


A bit different to what I would normally write about here but it's not often I enjoy a rom com this much!



I recently went to see the new movie from Dan Mazer the writer behind Borat and Bruno; I Give It A Year starring Rafe Spall, Stephen Merchant, Rose Byrne, Anna Faris and Simon Baker.
I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised, it's a rom com, but an anti rom com! The film starts with the Wedding of Nat and Josh, the main couple played by Rose Byrne and Rafe Spall. It's clear to everyone from the outset that they're totally wrong for each other. The film progresses with the story of how they come to realise that, along with meeting the people they should be with!

Stephen Merchant is fantastic as a hilarious best man and hap-hazard best friend to Rafe Spall's loveable Josh. It was for me, one of the few films recently that made me genuinely laugh out loud the whole way through (along with everyone else in the audience) and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone, male or female!
 
As an aside, I went to see the film using my new Cineworld Unlimited Card. Is anyone else a member? It costs me £14.99 a month and you can see as many films as you like without paying a penny! I've worked out that if I see two films a month it's a saving, and you also get 15% off food and drink too which actually makes a big difference. My friend has had hers for 7 years and has worked out that she has saved over £10,000! You can find out more here

Have you seen any good films lately?
 
 
Just a P.S - I was in no way incentivised to write this about I Give It A Year or Cineworld!

No comments:

Post a Comment