Pages

Saturday 2 March 2013

30 Day Shred... Ouch!

Those who know me will know that me and exercise are not the best of friends. I drive everywhere, literally. I sit at a desk all day and don't really see the outdoors unless its a pub garden. I always used the excuse that I had no time to fit in proper exercise. But recently travelling with my job has slowed right down so I've found myself with a lot of spare time.

A couple of years ago I bought Max and Paddy (comedian Peter Kay's characters) Power of Two workout. I honestly thought it was a comedy programme so imagine my surprise when it turned out to be a hilarious, slightly rude, but very real workout DVD. It made exercise fun and I've done it regularly ever since. I've seen various other celebrity work out DVDs but nothing has really appealed to me, until now!

I've recently seen The 30 Day Shred a lot in the blogging world (although it came out in 2007!) and thought I would give it a go. It's fronted by Jillian Michaels who is the trainer from the Australian and American versions of The Biggest Loser. Each workout is 20 minutes long (everyone has a spare 20 minutes if they're honest) and consists of: a 2 minute warm up, 3 circuits of the 3-2-1 interval system and a 2 minute cool down. The 3-2-1 system is 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of Cardio and 1 minute of abs. The workouts start at Level 1 and go up to 3. You can progress whenever you are ready, in my head 10 days on each sounds right but I will move up if I feel ready before that.

I'm currently on Day 2 of the programme on Level 1 and it's safe to say I can feel it working! The first one made me feel like I was about to die, apparently that's a good sign! The steps are logical, well explained and on screen is always a beginner, normal and advanced version of every move so you never feel out of your depth.

I was a little worried it would be too American for my taste, but it's not over the top and if anything a little over enthusiasm doesn't really go amiss when you're considering turning off the tv and going to get a chocolate bar!

I'll let you know how I get on but at the moment it feels good, my stomach muscles hurt and my thighs ache so it must be working!



No comments:

Post a Comment